- Infant Nail Clippers
- Digital Kitchen Scale
- Oil of Oregano – Antimicrobial, antiviral, bronchiodilator. Can help with light respiratory issues.
- Plain Extra Dark Chocolate – Bronchodilator, mood booster, good for shock and light respiratory symptoms. Should be non-Hershey.
- Nitrile Gloves
- Antiseptic/Alcohol Wipes – To clean up any blood/mess from the rats (not on the rats)
- Terramycin Antibacterial Eye Ointment – For injuries to the eyeball and eyelids
- Unflavored Childrens Pedialyte – Essential electrolytes can be added directly to water bottle. Great for URIS, strokes, seziures, hard births, babies weaned a bit too soon, or anything where the immune system may be down a bit.
- Saline Solution – For irrigating wounds, flushing eyes, etc. So long as it has no additives, most saline solutions will work.
- Vetericyn Spray or Gel – antimicrobial to help prevent wound infection. Great for skin irritation, dryness, etc as well. Safer than triple antibiotic ointment as it’s thinner and less likely to hold in bacteria.
- Childrens Liquid Motrin (Dye Free) – Pain relief for minor injuries, sprains, etc. Dye free preferred as there are many studies on the negative effects of un-natural dyes (Red40, Yellow 5, etc)
- Syptic Powder – To stop bleeding with quick nicks, tail wounds, toe bites.
- 1ml Needleless Syringes – For dosing meds accurately, larger syringes can be much harder to accurately measure
- Sterile Guaze